The benefits of this combination & the amazing ways you can include them in your skincare routine
What’s Ferulic Acid?
Ferulic Acid, an antioxidant compound found naturally in plants’ cell walls, is a natural substance. Because of its many skin benefits, Ferulic Acid is widely used in skincare.
The Benefits of Ferulic Acid
- It’s a powerful antioxidant.
- According to Studies , Ferulic Acid increases the effectiveness and stability of other antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- It protects against damage caused free radicals, and may also have anti-aging properties.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- This helps to combat hyperpigmentation
- This may reduce fine lines and other types of photodamage.
What’s Vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as Ascorbic Acid, is an essential nutrient found in certain citrus fruits and green vegetables. It is also synthesized by most animals. Vitamin C is not produced by the human body, so it must be consumed through diet. Vitamin C can be applied topically and has many benefits, including photoprotection, fading hyperpigmentation, lightening, and more. Vitamin C is a very popular ingredient in skincare.
- It works against hyperpigmentation.
- It’s a powerful antioxidant.
- It brightens the skin.
- This may soothe sunburns.
- It promotes synthesis of colla .
- It may be effective against acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- It provides protection against sun damage
The benefits of Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid together
Combining Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid creates a dynamic duo. Vitamin C is notorious for being unstable. Vitamin C reacts with other ingredients, as well as air and sunlight, and loses its potency. Ferulic Acid is the solution. It not only stabilizes Vitamin C but also increases its effectiveness to produce a better result.
How to combine Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid?
A formulation such as Deconstruct Vitamin C serum with 10% Vitamin C+ 0.5% Ferulic Acid is the best way to combine Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid. This formula combines both ingredients. This combination is loved by many skincare brands and won’t prove difficult to use. Every Vitamin C serum contains a stabilizer ingredient. This is most likely Ferulic Acid. This combination can be used both at night and in the morning. Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid are especially helpful in the morning to protect against sunburns. This combination is safe for all skin types.
Side Effects of Vitamin C Serum
The combination of Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid is stable enough to be safe for most skin types. Some people may find these ingredients unsuitable and they may have side effects. Side effects possible include:
- Feeling tingling or burning upon application
It is important to identify the source of Ferulic Acid before you use it in your daily routine. If you are allergic to Ferulic Acid, it can cause irritation. It is possible, for example, that people with a bran allergy might also be allergic the Ferulic Acid it contains. Before adding any new ingredient to your skincare regimen, always do a patch test.
Ferulic acid is the ideal companion to Vitamin C because it can stabilize and enhance formulations containing both of these ingredients. A Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid combination serum delivers better results and combines the powerful antioxidants.
- Vitamin C and Ferulic acid can be used every day.
- How long will it take for results to appear after using Vitamin C or Ferulic Acid?
Although results may vary from person to person, it is possible to expect to see results in four to six weeks after you start to incorporate Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid into your skincare routine.
- Vitamin C and Ferulic acid can be used under the eye?
The delicate skin around the eyes is more sensitive than the rest of your face. Therefore, you should be careful about what ingredients you use. Although Vitamin C and Ferulic Acid may be able to brighten the skin and reduce signs of aging, they may not suit everyone. This combination may be beneficial for some people, but it can cause burning and stinging sensations in others. Do a patch test first to ensure that you are using gentle eye creams containing this combination.